Yields: 4 servingsPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Value per servingCalories: 427.5 netFat: 13.6 g netProtein: 36.0 g netNet Carbohydrates: 3.5 g net
- 1 Ib. chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Line the baking pan with aluminium foil, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees °F.
- Take each chicken breast and slice along one side, about two-thirds of the way in to create a space to stuff the chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken to season it.
- Combine cream cheese, thyme, basil, garlic and ham in a medium bowl, mix well.
- Fill each chicken with stuffing in equal amounts and tie all around with the cooking twine.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes from each side, or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Take out the chicken on the prepared baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for almost 20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.